Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Metro East Medical Reserve Corps! We appreciate your willingness to strengthen public health, improve emergency response capabilities, and build resilience within our community.
Please follow these onboarding steps to join the Metro East MRC:
1. Create a Profile with MA Responds
Visit www.MAResponds.org, click the blue “Register Now” button and follow the prompts. Please be sure to select “Metro East MRC” as your organization. The following guidance document will walk you through the steps: Create MA Responds Profile
2. Complete a CORI
The final step to registering with the Metro East MRC is to complete a CORI background check with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health. On March 29th the Commissioner of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health issued a temporary order stating that CORIs completed for MA Responds do not need to be notarized (https://www.mass.gov/doc/cori-notary-order/download). This is a temporary order and a notarized CORI will need to be submitted after the state of emergency.
Please follow these steps to complete your CORI:
- Print the CORI Form
- Fill out all applicable fields on pages 1 and 2
- Scan the completed CORI form and a copy of your government-issued ID (driver’s license, passport, ext)
- Email the completed CORI and copy of government-issued ID to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 781-316-3175.
Please note that CORIs must be signed in pen, and then uploaded. Forms cannot be accepted with an electronic signature. Please e-mail email@example.com if you need a hard copy mailed to your address. You may be contacted to schedule a Zoom meeting to verify your government-issued photo ID.
3. Complete Onboarding Trainings
MEMRC utilizes the MRC Train system for online training courses. You can find links to all required trainings on our New Volunteer Training Program. The Metro East MRC New Volunteer Training Program includes the following courses:
- Metro East MRC Orientation
- IS-100.c: Introduction to the Incident Command System
- IS-700.B: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System
- MA Responds Volunteer Orientation Curriculum
You will need to create an MRC TRAIN account and link your profile to the Metro East MRC to get started with training opportunities. The following guidance document will walk you through creating your account: Create a TRAIN Profile.
Ready to Volunteer?
If you would like to be a volunteer responder during a Massachusetts health-related emergency or event, you have come to the right place!