Most Newton Medical Reserve Corps volunteers live or work in Newton.
To join the Newton MRC, register at www.maresponds.org and create an account.
You’ll be given the option to choose the MRC unit you would like to affiliate with. The Newton MRC is listed under Region 4B. Once you have completed your profile in MA Responds, print a CORI form from the MA Responds website. Once you have completed the form, be sure to email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reach out to you with next steps for joining the Newton MRC.
Questions? Please reach out! Call (617) 796-1420 or send an email to email@example.com.
What is the Medical Reserve Corps (MRC)?
The Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) is a community based group of volunteers who assist local public health departments to promote healthy living as well as to prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergency events
Who Should Join?
ANYONE can volunteer! Whatever your experience or training; medical or non-medical, MRCs needs you!
Public Health Professionals
Epidemiologists • Health Educators
Practicing, Retired or Otherwise Employed Health Professionals and Students
Physicians • Nurses • Pharmacists • Dentists • Nursing Assistants • Veterinarians • Respiratory Therapists
Others Who are Interested in Assisting their Community
Including social workers, interpreters, chaplains, and those who can provide support and administrative assistance
What Can You Expect from the MRC?
- Free training and educational opportunities
- Identification cards which clearly identify you as part of our team
- Networking opportunities with other Newton residents
- Valuable experience in public health awareness
* MRC volunteers may receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon completion of training courses
What Might MRC Volunteers Do?
MRC Volunteers may be called upon to assist with: Natural Disasters (hurricanes, winter storms), Terrorism, Bioterrorism or Infectious Disease Outbreaks
MRC Volunteers may be asked to:
- Apply medical care (within your level of expertise)
- Dispense medication
- Provide language and interpretation services
- Offer administrative support
- Greet residents
- Health promotion
- Flu clinics (provide assistance)
- Health education community
- Health fairs
Ready to Volunteer?
If you would like to be a volunteer responder during a Massachusetts health-related emergency or event, you have come to the right place!