Join an ever growing network of dedicated volunteers today! Become a prepared and resilient member of your community by attending trainings such as Stop The Bleed or CPR. You can also help your community by volunteering at events such as health fairs or first aid tents for the Boston Marathon. Please consider joining today!
What is the Medical Reserve Corps (MRC)?
The Region 4A MRC is a community based group of volunteers who assist local public health departments to promote healthy living as well as to prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergency events
Who Should Join?
ANYONE can volunteer! Whatever your experience or training; medical or non-medical, MRCs needs you!
Public Health Professionals
Epidemiologists • Health Educators
Practicing, Retired or Otherwise Employed Health Professionals and Students
Physicians • Nurses • Pharmacists • Dentists • Nursing Assistants • Veterinarians • Respiratory Therapists
Others Who are Interested in Assisting their Community
Including social workers, interpreters, chaplains, and those who can provide support and administrative assistance
What Can You Expect from the MRC?
- Free training and educational opportunities
- Identification cards which clearly identify you as part of our team
- Networking opportunities with other residents
- Valuable experience in public health awareness
* MRC volunteers may receive Continuing Education Unites (CEUs) upon completion of training courses
What Might MRC Volunteers Do?
Region 4A MRC Volunteers may be called upon to assist with: Natural Disasters (hurricanes, winter storms), Terrorism, Bioterrorism or Infectious Disease Outbreaks
Region 4A MRC Volunteers may be asked to:
- Apply medical care (within your level of expertise)
- Dispense medication
- Provide language and interpretation services
- Offer administrative support
- Greet residents
- Health promotion
- Flu clinics (provide assistance)
- Health education community
- Health fairs
Ready to Volunteer?
If you would like to be a volunteer responder during a Massachusetts health-related emergency or event, you have come to the right place!